A lot of hassle

We had quite many things to do for today and we did get most of them done. First thing was finishing the adapter for front gearwheel to our axle. We had to make a keyway and we did the old fashion way with a hydraulic press and a keywaysaw.

WP_20160313_13_49_11_Pro
Making the keyway.
WP_20160313_15_16_39_Pro
Finished keyway.

Next we corrected the position of the motor and attached it firmly to the frame of the moped. When the motor was on place it was time to get the front gear in place.

WP_20160313_17_46_14_Pro
Front gear in place. It’s like art, don’t you think?

Some rewiring also needed to be done because the wires were a mess. We got some of it done but there is a lot more wire that has to be wired to be out of sight and protected from external loads. After the rewiring we tried to get the back brake to work but after hours of oil bleeding we came to the conclusion that the bleed nipple or the brake saddle itself is broken. We are going to get a spare part for next time.

Last thing we did today was installing the chain to the gearwheels. With the chain the moped looks more like motorcycle.

WP_20160313_19_55_34_Pro
Chains in place.

Because the brake wasn’t working and it was already getting late we decided to put off the test drive to Tuesday eve. Still some enthusiasm was detected…

WP_20160313_16_30_56_Pro
Ready to go!
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s