The Mechatronic Circus

The day was finally upon us. It was time to show Felmo for public. Here’s couple of photos of the repainted and finished bodywork just before the Circus:

We also shot a video as an introduction for the event. Before the Circus there was a Digital Breakfast event in the Aalto K1 building and our job was to guide people from the breakfast to the circus. So we shooted a video about getting to the breakfast from the Circus venue. Here is a link to our video on Vimeo: Felmo3000 – Intro

We also took some pictures when making the video. Here’s a couple of our best shots.:

_MG_0235

IMG_0113.JPG

It’s quite amazing, isn’t it? We were really proud of what we have accomplished, how the moped looks and moves. We also got a lot positive feedback from the visitors of the Circus. Most of the people were really interested in the of the moped. We have calculated that the range should be around 60 km with our batteries but we still need to test it. To test it, we need to register it.

During the spring we are finishing up other projects and we are going to come back to this project in the early summer.

Next up: Registration. What then? 🙂

Here is our poster for the Mechatronic Circus

Advertisements

Test Drive, Lights and Appearance

I didn’t have time to write during the last few weeks before Mechatronic Circus because of the project took all my time. After the battery surgery we tested the bike. Now all the cells work perfectly and the BMS system started to equalize the voltage between the cells. We also ramped up the settings on our Sevcon and now the moped is more powerful and better to drive.

WP_20160403_14_20_21_Pro
Joel was our test driver of the day.

We don’t have pictures of doing the cables and circuit for the lightining but it wasn’t that hard. Me and Juuso spent couple of days doing it since it still required quite a lot of wires and we ended up doing couple of mistakes as usual…

Then couple of days before the Mechatronic Circus we started to put effort to the mopeds appeareance. We repaired the old plastic bodywork with plastic padding and then sanded of all of the old paint. After that we spent one evening designing the stickers for the final touch. Here’s a few photos of the process:

Before putting the bodywork the bike looked as it had for couple of months now and there was a big difference comparing that to the final result. In the next post the final look will be revealed…

IMG_0087
The night before Circus.